Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Raytheon XOS 2 Exoskeleton

This is like the power loader from the movie Aliens come to life... only better! It looks easier to use and it's much smaller (personally I think the guy using it needs to wear a helmet with a rotating yellow light on top). Raytheon has displayed an earlier version of this exoskeleton before, but this video was just released this past summer. Check it out:



He even loads some ordinance similar to the Aliens movie here. And did you catch the name of the test engineer? Rex Jameson? If that's not a superhero alter ego, I don't know what is. That name sounds so manly I just grew a mustache saying it out loud.

Also notice here that the exoskeleton comes to life of its own will. This is obviously the first step toward the Robot Apocalypse, mark my words. In five years we will be obeying SkyNet which will have been constructed by these self aware exoskeletons. Thanks, Raytheon!

2 comments:

  1. I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one, HULC, is far more practical at this time. http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/10/wearable-robots-could-solve-soldiers-hauling-woes/

    I think the XOS 2 is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's a little bulky.

    ReplyDelete