Monday, December 13, 2010

Assassin's Creed: Beautiful Lies

YouTube submitter Hamps19 made the following short flick, Assassin's Creed: Beautiful Lies. If you haven't played Assassin's Creed, this may make you want to run out and buy every game in the franchise.

And yes, this is all fan made. Here's his "how-to" instructional:
Vegas Video for editing and Fraps for recording. I used a program called CheatEngine to run the game in suuuper slow-motion to record shots at a high FPS so I could have smooth looking shots. That was actually the most fun part about making this since I love AC's animations so much and being able to see every little meticulous detail in all of them was great. This of course took a while, playing in slow-motion doesn't help speed things up haha

For movement scenes and camera alignment it was trial and error mostly. To make it easier on myself I'd use the center camera button and move only in the angles allowed on the keyboard controls since those are fixed unlike the analog sticks on a controller. The times when I couldn't do that I took a screenshot of the location with one Assassin and then ran back to it with the other and basically eyeballed it until I got it right. I remember using a twig on a wall haha, counting the amount of bricks it was down and trying to position the camera just right.

For combat scenes, the counter kills have only about 5 or 6 different angles that it can be shown in so if I play long enough and kill enough I eventually get the same angles.
 Pretty incredible and I applaud this guy's dedication and skill.  Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment