Friday, February 4, 2011

Battlefield 3 Site Is Up

EA's site for Battlefield 3 is now up and running with a release date set for "Fall 2011."

DICE has officially announced the cancellations of Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Onslaught mode (the game isn't suited for one IMHO) and a PC version of Battlefield 1943.  Instead, DICE is committing itself to working on BF3, which will be an actual and full sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2BF3 will be released for PC, PS3, and Xbox360 but only the PC version will support 64 player maps.  (Below is Game Informer's February cover dedicated to Battlefield 3.)


 There will also be a full single player campaign as well as built-in co-op support for the campaign.  Unlike Bad Company 2, there is full use of air vehicles (e.g., jets) and the ability to go prone again.  Aside from running on the updated Frostbite 2 engine (two major thumbs up!), not much else is known at the moment.  For now, enjoy the following teaser trailer:



Anytime I read news or hear about the Battlefield series of games, I can't help but hear the theme music in my head.
Thought I'd share:

Battlefield 2 - Main Theme by Thmaz

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually surprised that the teaser trailer didn't end with a few notes from the theme music. My computer barely handled BF2, so I'm probably not going to get this any time soon. Frowny face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to look into a PC overhaul!
    I often yearn for those days when I'd play for a few hours a night, every night, with the same group of guys. We ended up becoming a damned force to be reckoned with anytime we were all playing at the same time. We knew the maps, we knew how to coordinate, we knew how to win.

    ReplyDelete